Copious is looking for an experienced Producer to join our team who has background in leading technical projects. Your role as a Producer is to provide effective management of budgets, projects, and scope while supporting your team members (your partners in design & engineering). You ensure we stay on track, guide the internal team and deliver excellent digital experiences that meet and exceed client business goals.
The ideal candidate understands and is experienced with ecommerce and software development processes and is skilled in project management best practices.
Project & Product Execution
Lead project/product teams, providing a consistent, professional client experience and delivering on-time, on-budget, within scope, and to client expectations:
- Lead a collaborative team to achieve project goals
- Oversee development of documentation and deliverables from project inception through final delivery
- Ensure project team has the resources it needs to meet project goals
- Escalate issues as needed when project scope, budget and/or client expectations are at risk
- Prepare and present product/project status to clients and executive management
- Manage schedules, budgets, estimates, and SOW generation/approval
- Determine and monitor resource requirements and work with appropriate staff to mitigate risk
Manage business operations to achieve the best value for both the client and Copious:
- Create and distribute internal and client invoices
- Manage, record, and approve data in project management systems
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled Internal production and resource planning meetings
- Be a strong voice for our clients and our internal teams with leadership
- Facilitate team lead success by organizing development work for the team
- Oversee QA and manage bug triage
- Provide business objective-driven input to technical, design, solution, and architecture discussions
- Assist tech leads in development of documentation
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years managing web or software development projects/products
- Background in web development leadership, preferably around ecommerce
- Experience with various project management methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall, etc.), ideally in an agency setting
- Previous client experience and operational competence
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Great personal organization and a doer-based mentality
- Ability to remain flexible as project evolves while maintaining scope
- Ability to work in both directed and independent efforts
- Understanding of how to balance priorities between tasks, projects, and resources
At Copious, we believe HOW you do something is as important as WHAT you do. Your character and work approach will often be the thing that makes good work great and turns a one-time client into a long term partner. We consider this aspect of the job so important that we give it equal weight when measuring individual success.
The perks of working here? Stumptown Cold Brew on tap; some of the coolest office space in Portland (http://washingtonhighschoolpdx.com/) and flexible working space. We also have a thing for corgis and breakfast (not necessarily together) as well as happy hours.
Check us out on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, too.