Copious is an agency focused on designing, building, and growing exceptional ecommerce experiences and business apps. Because each client is unique, there are always new and interesting challenges to solve. At Copious, we all take pride in the work we do, how we do it, and the great culture we have. If this sounds like your cup o’ tea, read on!
You're a designer with...
- Experience designing to solve business challenges and user tasks – ecommerce, digital products, or apps — not solely marketing, print or branding projects.
- High standards and passion for user-centric design.
- A tendency to quickly sketch and prototype multiple ideas to communicate and solve problems.
- A knack for what makes a great user experience and a design portfolio that shows it off.
- A desire to work somewhere where you can be heard, share your ideas, and help shape a growing business.
- The ability to lead and inspire other members of your team.
- A strong point of view, and the desire to share your perspectives with others.
Our requirements for this position are that you have...
- 6-8 years experience in an agency setting, 3+ years specifically as a senior designer.
- Proficiency with your favorite design and prototyping tools.
- A current understanding of interactive web technologies.
- The ability to collaborate effectively across design, strategy and engineering teams.
- Excellent listening and speaking skills.
- A natural state of curiosity; always questioning why something is and how it could be better.
...additionally, it would be nice if you have...
- Interesting personal passion projects.
- A presence in the Portland design community.
- Experience with interactive prototyping through apps and/or coding in the browser.
- Experience building motion graphic elements for interactive design.
- Experience or knowledge of design thinking
This is a full-time position at our offices in the Washington High School building, located in SE Portland. You’ll be working here most of the time, with occasional travel for client workshops, presentations and discovery meetings.
What comes with this job...
- Competitive salary
- A fun, supportive team
- Flexible work opportunities
- Medical, dental and life/disability insurance, plus 401(k)
- Memberships to various organizations such as AIGA, the Portland Art Museum, etc
- Generous paid leave plus company holidays
- A fun rotation of snacks, food and drinks including Stumptown cold brew on tap
- Monthly stipend for phone and public transportation
How to Apply...
Interested? Please shoot us a short cover letter explaining why you’re a great fit for this job, along with a portfolio of your interactive work and a brief resume.