Read First: We've recently filled this role but you can still submit your resume for future opportunities. However, we won't be able to reply to every applicant.
Copious is an agency focused on designing, building, and growing exceptional ecommerce experiences and business apps. Because each client is unique, there are always new and interesting challenges to solve. At Copious, we all take pride in the work we do, how we do it, and the great culture we have. If this sounds like your cup o’ tea, read on!
You're a designer who has...
- Experience designing interactive solutions to business challenges and user tasks – ecommerce, digital products, or apps — not solely marketing, print or branding projects.
- High standards and passion for user-centric design and flawless execution.
- A tendency to quickly sketch and prototype multiple ideas to communicate vision and solve problems.
- A knack for what makes a great user experience and a design portfolio that shows it off.
- A desire to work somewhere where you can be heard, share your ideas, and help shape a growing business.
- The ability to lead and inspire the other members of your team.
- A strong point of view, and the desire to share your perspectives with others through internal and external events.
Our requirements for this position are that you have...
- 3-6 years experience in an agency setting. You’ve been around the block, and have a successful record presenting design solutions to clients.
- Proficiency with your favorite design and prototyping tools.
- A current understanding of interactive web technologies.
- The ability to collaborate effectively across design, strategy and engineering teams.
- A desire to ideate and experiment.
- Excellent listening and information retention skills.
- A natural state of curiosity; always questioning why something is and how it could be better.
- The ability to draw. In fact, you draw a lot.
...additionally, it would be nice if you have...
- Interesting personal passion projects.
- A presence in the Portland design community.
- Experience with interactive prototyping through apps and/or coding in the browser.
- Experience building motion graphic elements for interactive design.
- Experience or knowledge of design thinking
This is a full-time position at our offices in the Washington High School building, located in SE Portland. You’ll be working here most of the time, with occasional travel for client workshops, presentations and discovery meetings.
What comes with this job...
- Competitive salary
- A fun, supportive team
- Flexible work opportunities
- Medical, dental and life/disability insurance, plus 401(k)
- Memberships to various organizations such as AIGA, the Portland Art Museum, etc
- Generous paid leave plus company holidays
- A fun rotation of snacks, food and drinks including Stumptown cold brew on tap
- Monthly stipend for phone and public transportation
How to Apply...
Interested? Please shoot us a short cover letter explaining why you’re a great fit for this job, along with a portfolio of your interactive work and a brief resume.
Thank you very much!
At Copious, we believe how you do something is as important as what you do. Your character and work approach will often be the thing that makes good work great and turns a one-time client into a long term partner. We consider this aspect of the job so important that we give it equal weight when measuring individual success.
We’re proud of our collaborative process, and have designed our office to encourage and nurture team collaboration and individual flexibility. Agency life can mean a lot of long hours, and we balance it out with fun events, happy hours, and unique activities that won’t make you roll your eyes. We love what we do, and we have a lot of fun doing it.